One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sport in which a wide canopy resembling a parachute is attached to a person's body by a harness in order to allow them to glide through the air after jumping from or being lifted to a height.
- ‘Qualified in parasailing and paragliding, Rao has more than 350 skydives in different parts of the country to his credit.’
- ‘In a one-day taster of paragliding with Active Edge, I manage to achieve several exhilarating flights, but not without some thorough grounding first.’
- ‘With the addition of parachutes, the sport of paragliding was born, giving gliders not only safety but also grace.’
- ‘Though I was going to save bungee jumping, canyoning and the rest of the wild stuff for when I wasn't playing at being an Edwardian vicar, I had decided that paragliding was a must.’
- ‘The sports he loved - skiing and paragliding as well as kayaking - were high-risk, but he pursued them in a way that was very safe.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.