One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A descent or delivery by parachute.
- ‘In the chaos of the nighttime paradrop into Normandy, France, Easy Company, like its sister airborne units, is scattered far and wide across the enemy terrain.’
- ‘Beyond the intelligence obtained, Cadwalader wrote, perhaps the greatest accomplishment of Coldfeet ‘was to prove the practicality of paradrop and aerotriever recovery to conduct investigations in otherwise inaccessible areas.’’
- ‘In December 1944, there was a successful paradrop of commandos in a forested mountainous terrain near Eifel who took control of advantageous grounds and mountain passes.’
- ‘After the group's paradrop of the 82nd Airborne Division June 6, 1944, over St. Mere Eglise, France, in advance of the D-Day seaborne invasion, the 442nd saw action in the skies over Italy, southern France and Holland.’
Drop by parachute.‘the planes paradrop vital supplies’
- ‘This makes it possible to conduct air assault operations in a local war and to paradrop operational and tactical assault forces.’
- ‘There are reports that American troops will paradrop in - secure that area first.’
- ‘It is important to note that up to 30 percent of an aggregate assault force can be airlifted and paradropped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.