One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of descending from an aircraft by parachute.‘a sponsored parachute jump to raise money for charity’
- ‘In the summer, Caroline plans to do a parachute jump to raise funds for the Children's Liver Disease Foundation.’
- ‘Hopefully I can do a parachute jump in a few weeks and raise more money for the cause.’
- ‘He did a parachute jump at 10,000 feet.’
- ‘He broke his leg following a parachute jump and never completed his training.’
- ‘That November, he took his first plane ride and made his first parachute jump.’
- ‘My mission as a novice skydiver was to carry out a tandem parachute jump.’
- ‘The Poppy Appeal was given a big boost by the efforts of Gulf War widow Samantha, who took part in a parachute jump from 15,000 feet to help raise money for the appeal.’
- ‘I always wanted to do a parachute jump and decided now to do it for charity.’
- ‘Generally I'm quite an adventurous person and I've done a parachute jump.’
- ‘She is doing a sponsored parachute jump in her granddaughter's memory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.