One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The use of parabiotic animals provides a continuous source of donor-derived cells in the circulation and, therefore, may be crucial in providing fibroblast precursors.’
- ‘Abe and coworkers generated parabiotic mice by joining green fluorescent protein transgenic mice and wild-type littermates.’
- ‘In cancer, humoral factors elaborated by the tumor appear to be involved, because cachexia can be transferred from cancer-bearing to noncancer-bearing animals in parabiotic experiments.’
- ‘The wild-type mice in parabiotic pairs that were given irradiation after vascular communication also maintained a common circulation (approximately 60% green ceils in blood) when assessed 2 weeks after irradiation.’
- ‘Culture of lung fibroblasts from wild-type mice of parabiotic pairs confirmed that 5 to 20% of lung fibreblasts could be derived from circulating blood, although such cells could not be cultured directly from blood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.