One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or thing that is a parody or mockery of something else.‘he is merely making a pappyshow of the volunteer litter wardens’
satire, burlesque, lampoon, pastiche, caricature, take-off, skit, squib, imitation, impression, impersonation, mockery, mimicry, travestyView synonyms
- ‘This facade, this farce, this pappyshow, to use the St Lucian language, must eventually come to an end.’
- ‘And this Government so incompetent, they went and read the death warrant and make a big pappyshow, saying they going to hang Monday morning.’
- ‘What a pappyshow has been their so-called co-operation on fighting crime, created as a direct result of citizens' pressure and political opportunism!’
- ‘I think the whole political scene is a pappyshow.’
- ‘What everyone is now talking about is the cost of our Athens pappyshow.’
Variant of puppet show.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.