One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of DNA viruses that cause the formation of papillomas or warts.
- ‘Common, plantar, or flat warts are cutaneous manifestations of the human papillomavirus.’
- ‘All borderline or mildly dyskaryotic smear samples were tested for human papillomavirus.’
- ‘Genital warts are caused by certain types of the human papillomavirus (HPV).’
- ‘Her Papanicolaou test revealed a lowgrade squamous intraepithelial lesion suggestive of human papillomavirus, with subsequent biopsy confirmation.’
- ‘Nearly every woman who contracts cancer of the cervix is also infected with the human papillomavirus (HPV).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.