Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a group of DNA viruses that cause the formation of papillomas or warts.
- ‘Nearly every woman who contracts cancer of the cervix is also infected with the human papillomavirus (HPV).’
- ‘Her Papanicolaou test revealed a lowgrade squamous intraepithelial lesion suggestive of human papillomavirus, with subsequent biopsy confirmation.’
- ‘Genital warts are caused by certain types of the human papillomavirus (HPV).’
- ‘Common, plantar, or flat warts are cutaneous manifestations of the human papillomavirus.’
- ‘All borderline or mildly dyskaryotic smear samples were tested for human papillomavirus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.