One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The manufacture of paper.
- ‘She said the idea for the collaboration came in 2002 when Di Harris, a renowned calligrapher and paper artist, invited nine calligraphers, papermakers and paper artists to join her in the production of a collaborative book.’
- ‘Variations in the choice and preparation of the pulp used, the skill of the papermaker, seasonal variations in the speed of drying of paper can all lead to subtle differences in appearance of watermarks in sheets made on the same mould.’
- ‘His father had come to the US twice and was a papermaker in the southwest Michigan paper mills along the Kalamazoo River.’
- ‘Formed in 1995, the group has exhibited across the UK and Japan and its Sedbergh show includes work by a local member, papermaker Rachelle Blondel, who also has a fourth floor studio at Farfield.’
- ‘In addition papermakers often attached a decorative design, shaped in wire, to the mold; the impression it left is known as the watermark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.