One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who decorates with wallpaper, especially professionally.
- ‘Don't hesitate to ask your professional paperhanger to provide certification of insurance covering workers' compensation, property damage and personal liability.’
- ‘There's nothing more frustrating for a do-it-yourself paperhanger than to run out of wallpaper just a few feet short of finishing a project.’
- ‘The curator of the museum has suggested that perhaps Frederick Linder, a painter and paperhanger who lived at 97 Orchard Street, papered the walls in exchange for free rent.’
- ‘Your local independent retailer can advise you as to when and if you should hire a professional and can usually give you a list of local paperhangers.’
- ‘After dropping out of art school, She worked as a house painter, plasterer and paperhanger while she made abstract paintings and drawings in her spare time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.