One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A girl who delivers newspapers to people's homes.‘the papergirl completed her early-morning round’
- ‘An 81-year-old British grandmother has been officially confirmed as the world's oldest paper girl after delivering her local paper for 41 years.’
- ‘This is the nickel and diming of this Budget where you don't really take on the big issues but you end up taxing paper boys and paper girls.’
- ‘I'm a paper girl, and when I'm not doing that I'm cleaning out birdcages in pet shops.’
- ‘As he strutted past the corner dairy he noticed the local papergirl on her afternoon round.’
- ‘In a page-one story by Patricia Callahan, The Wall Street Journal unblinkingly examined the industry's treatment of the paperboys and papergirls - at last count, some 140,000-who deliver the news to the nation's doors.’
- ‘A 14-year-old papergirl was hailed for her courage after she chased a bicycle thief and forced him to give the bike back.’
- ‘Picking the pockets of paper boys and paper girls is petty.’
- ‘A bike thief has left a paper girl with no transport for her round.’
- ‘The monthly newsletter is delivered by a paper girl.’
- ‘A paper girl and a notorious truant get entangled in a romance during a hot summer in Singapore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.