One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A girl who delivers newspapers to people's homes.‘the papergirl completed her early-morning round’
- ‘I'm a paper girl, and when I'm not doing that I'm cleaning out birdcages in pet shops.’
- ‘A paper girl and a notorious truant get entangled in a romance during a hot summer in Singapore.’
- ‘A bike thief has left a paper girl with no transport for her round.’
- ‘Picking the pockets of paper boys and paper girls is petty.’
- ‘In a page-one story by Patricia Callahan, The Wall Street Journal unblinkingly examined the industry's treatment of the paperboys and papergirls - at last count, some 140,000-who deliver the news to the nation's doors.’
- ‘The monthly newsletter is delivered by a paper girl.’
- ‘A 14-year-old papergirl was hailed for her courage after she chased a bicycle thief and forced him to give the bike back.’
- ‘This is the nickel and diming of this Budget where you don't really take on the big issues but you end up taxing paper boys and paper girls.’
- ‘As he strutted past the corner dairy he noticed the local papergirl on her afternoon round.’
- ‘An 81-year-old British grandmother has been officially confirmed as the world's oldest paper girl after delivering her local paper for 41 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.