Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A factory in which paper is manufactured.
- ‘But it's the smell of the paper mill you notice when you get off the plane, and the white billowing smoke of the paper mill that you remember when you leave.’
- ‘In my hometown, a paper mill polluted the groundwater of the whole city but the head of the guilty factory was still considered a hero by the government because the mill pays tens of millions of dollars in taxes each year.’
- ‘We don't know what goes on behind the chain-link fence of a refinery or a smelter or a paper mill, or what comes out of the smokestacks, and therefore we suspect the worst.’
- ‘I ended up in a paper mill, working the graveyard shift lifting heavy steel shafts.’
- ‘Approximately, l55 pulp and paper mills around the country will be affected by the air pollution controls.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.