One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for inserting sheets of paper into a typewriter, printer, or similar machine.
- ‘Each document created is slightly different to account for the non-exact centering of manual machines and the variance of paper feeds.’
- ‘It performed almost flawlessly for almost two years (except when I inadvertently flicked the paper feed lever into the wrong position and it tried to print 15 sheets at a time.)’
- ‘A promotional pamphlet sat on the lip of the paper feed, and I paused to read the pamphlet's title.’
- ‘A U-shaped paper feed, with a 125-page input tray on top of the unit, keeps it compact and, at 6.2kg, it is the lightest printer in our chart.’
- ‘The paper feed for ‘Tray’ 1 is nothing more than a flip down door and an open feed without any extendable guides or platen of any kind, a serious oversight in a $300 - $400 desktop printer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.