One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disposable cup made of thin cardboard.
- ‘I sat alone in the small, windowless room with a water cooler and a paper cup.’
- ‘Vivian forced down the last swallow of cafeteria coffee, tossed the paper cup into the trashcan, and then headed back to Jeremy's room.’
- ‘I looked over and noticed the coffee shop door opening and Mr. O'Connor walking out, a paper cup of coffee steaming in his hand.’
- ‘What you are looking at is a machine that gives you coffee in a little paper cup.’
- ‘Her cappuccino long finished, she followed Cody out and tossed the paper cup in the trash, waving as she headed for her car.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.