Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disposable cup made of thin cardboard.
- ‘I sat alone in the small, windowless room with a water cooler and a paper cup.’
- ‘Her cappuccino long finished, she followed Cody out and tossed the paper cup in the trash, waving as she headed for her car.’
- ‘Vivian forced down the last swallow of cafeteria coffee, tossed the paper cup into the trashcan, and then headed back to Jeremy's room.’
- ‘I looked over and noticed the coffee shop door opening and Mr. O'Connor walking out, a paper cup of coffee steaming in his hand.’
- ‘What you are looking at is a machine that gives you coffee in a little paper cup.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.