One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of bent wire or plastic used for holding several sheets of paper together.
- ‘My producer reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a few pieces of paper held together with a paper clip.’
- ‘Do not staple or otherwise bind your manuscript; a paper clip will suffice.’
- ‘I put down the big blue pencil, tidied up the last pile of now really, truly tatty papers, stuck a paper clip on it and consigned it to the stack.’
- ‘On the coffee table at his side was a stack of papers held together with a large paper clip.’
- ‘You can use a complicated clamp to hold a few sheets of paper, but a paper clip is a much more elegant device for such a purpose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.