One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chain made of paper links and used for decorating a room, especially at Christmas.
- ‘These streams of low-key glamour, as basic as paper chains and tinsel, convert the drabbest space into a winter wonderland.’
- ‘I don't mind that she insists on cleaning the house, putting up a tree, or hanging paper chains around the walls, because that's in the spirit of things.’
- ‘Finally made my paper chains when I got home, so at least there's some evidence Christmas is on the way.’
- ‘Home-made paper chains, cotton-wool snowmen and a few fairy lights used to be enough to dress a Christmas tree, but now we need more of a wow factor.’
- ‘Three classes created sparkly stars, wrapped presents, paper chains and balls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.