One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A German armoured unit.‘panzer divisions’
armoured vehicle, armoured car, combat vehicleView synonyms
- ‘With their motorized and panzer divisions, the German Fourth Army in the north and the Tenth in the south played a crucial role in the advance and demonstrated the efficacy of the blitzkrieg.’
- ‘Grouped into corps, the panzer divisions proved tactically and operationally decisive.’
- ‘The French adopted a rigidly set-piece defensive attitude, epitomized by the Maginot Line, while the Germans opted for fluid mobility, eventually epitomized by the panzer divisions.’
- ‘Sixteen exhausted Soviet divisions were holding units of the 2nd and 3rd German panzer groups outside the encirclement ring.’
- ‘Will new forms of military organization be required, analogous to the fast carrier task forces and panzer divisions that transformed warfare in World War II?’
From German Panzer, literally ‘coat of mail’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.