One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
plural nounNorth American
Women's thin nylon tights.
- ‘It was a white spaghetti strap shirt with a black mini skirt, sheer pantyhose and big, chunky-heeled black shoes.’
- ‘She was wearing a pink sweater and a mahogany mini skirt with white pantyhose.’
- ‘I would like to know if it is proper to wear strappy sandals at weddings without pantyhose.’
- ‘She was also wearing red vinyl gloves that went up past her elbows, red fishnet pantyhose, and 6 inch stiletto high heels.’
- ‘Woman who say they wear the hose to make their skin tone appear more even can look toward topical self-tanning products or toeless pantyhose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.