Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
plural nounNorth American
Women's thin nylon tights.
- ‘It was a white spaghetti strap shirt with a black mini skirt, sheer pantyhose and big, chunky-heeled black shoes.’
- ‘I would like to know if it is proper to wear strappy sandals at weddings without pantyhose.’
- ‘She was wearing a pink sweater and a mahogany mini skirt with white pantyhose.’
- ‘Woman who say they wear the hose to make their skin tone appear more even can look toward topical self-tanning products or toeless pantyhose.’
- ‘She was also wearing red vinyl gloves that went up past her elbows, red fishnet pantyhose, and 6 inch stiletto high heels.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.