One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is a blissful vision of Italian arcadia, undulating olive groves, tall cypresses, distant farmhouses with red pantiled roofs and the silhouette of a slender castle tower on the horizon.’
- ‘The red, pantiled roofed houses and shops spread like a wild necklace on both sides of the River Esk.’
- ‘One of the finest ways to see York is to follow the wall-top walk, with breathtaking views over the pantiled roofs to the Minster.’
- ‘Fishing villages with Venetian-style bell towers and red pantiled roofs cling to the shoreline.’
- ‘We walked down the famous 199 steps, enjoying the gorgeous view of the harbour and pantiled, crowded cottages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.