One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Short underpants worn by women and girls; knickers.
- ‘Microfiber or a bit of lycra will keep the panties where you want them and be less likely to bunch or slide around.’
- ‘As the neglected wife, she walks around the house in camisole and panties, exuding unreleased sexual energy.’
- ‘The panties come in packages of two with a $4.99 suggested retail price.’
- ‘The artist stands arms akimbo, in high heels and matching black-lace bra and panties.’
- ‘The panties, which are made of ring-spun cotton for a soft touch, are sold in patented packages that let consumers touch them without damaging the pack.’
- ‘As he enters her small, crowded flat, she realizes she has several pairs of her colorful panties hanging out to dry.’
- ‘Every time I wear any trousers or tight skirts, the lines of my panties can be seen.’
- ‘The panties are equally fetching and - thank goodness for small miracles - very wearable.’
- ‘Most women choose panties that are pretty rather than cut to suit their figures and compliment the design of their clothing.’
- ‘I threw on some black panties and the dress; it was a little low cut so a bra wouldn't work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.