One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Legless underpants worn by women and girls; knickers.
- ‘The artist stands arms akimbo, in high heels and matching black-lace bra and panties.’
- ‘Every time I wear any trousers or tight skirts, the lines of my panties can be seen.’
- ‘I threw on some black panties and the dress; it was a little low cut so a bra wouldn't work.’
- ‘As the neglected wife, she walks around the house in camisole and panties, exuding unreleased sexual energy.’
- ‘The panties are equally fetching and - thank goodness for small miracles - very wearable.’
- ‘As he enters her small, crowded flat, she realizes she has several pairs of her colorful panties hanging out to dry.’
- ‘The panties come in packages of two with a $4.99 suggested retail price.’
- ‘Microfiber or a bit of lycra will keep the panties where you want them and be less likely to bunch or slide around.’
- ‘The panties, which are made of ring-spun cotton for a soft touch, are sold in patented packages that let consumers touch them without damaging the pack.’
- ‘Most women choose panties that are pretty rather than cut to suit their figures and compliment the design of their clothing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.