One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who plays a pan (steel drum) in a steel band.
- ‘For the second time in as many weeks, special-interest groups in neighbouring West Indian islands have threatened legal action to stop pannists from Trinidad performing at carnivals staged in those territories.’
- ‘Vibrant pannists of TCL Group Skiffle Bunch Steel Orchestra perform at last Sunday's closing night of the Christmas Village held at the Caribbean Life Resources Centre, Circular Road, San Fernando.’
- ‘The band's line-up includes vocalist/guitarist / pannist Andrew McIntosh, guitarist Shane de Silva, bassist Mark Wallace and drummer Anthony Abraham.’
- ‘The youthful pannists of Excellent Stores Silver Stars Steel get seriously into their music at the launch of the 15th edition of Parang & Steel Festival at the band's panyard on November 12.’
- ‘Tambu brought the crowd to their feet during his surprise cameo jazz appearance with renowned US-based pannist Liam Teague.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.