One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The film suggests that US rehabilitation involves lots of hugs, tears, group chants, and saccharine effusions of Panglossian optimism.’
- ‘Like Hammond, Athanasiou argues that the various modes of Panglossian optimism that envisage only win-win scenarios obscure the fact that humanity now faces some tough choices and problems.’
- ‘In this Panglossian vision, the unfettered market economy is the best of all possible worlds.’
- ‘It's a pleasant vision of the future, but maybe just a touch Panglossian.’
- ‘The Panglossian optimism underpinning such remarks obscures other more serious flaws: To offset the shortfall in domestic savings, the US private sector has been borrowing from abroad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.