One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The belief or doctrine that God is greater than the universe and includes and interpenetrates it.
- ‘Foundational to this claim is that religion needs to be understood in terms of naturalistic theism, or panentheism, rather than supernaturalism.’
- ‘I do not believe in the panentheistic idea that the creation is within God as a present reality, but I do believe in panentheism as an eschatological destiny.’
- ‘A corollary to panentheism is that God evolves as the universe evolves.’
- ‘Clayton recommends panentheism as the means of avoiding pantheism's collapsing of the concepts of God and world, of preserving divine transcendence, and of understanding God as cause of all.’
- ‘This view of God as existing in and giving life to all things is called panentheism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.