The belief or doctrine that God is greater than the universe and includes and interpenetrates it.
- ‘Clayton recommends panentheism as the means of avoiding pantheism's collapsing of the concepts of God and world, of preserving divine transcendence, and of understanding God as cause of all.’
- ‘Foundational to this claim is that religion needs to be understood in terms of naturalistic theism, or panentheism, rather than supernaturalism.’
- ‘I do not believe in the panentheistic idea that the creation is within God as a present reality, but I do believe in panentheism as an eschatological destiny.’
- ‘This view of God as existing in and giving life to all things is called panentheism.’
- ‘A corollary to panentheism is that God evolves as the universe evolves.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.