One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of a panel, especially in a broadcast game or discussion.
- ‘In the end, each side of the panellists agreed that the two countries should bridge the gap and merge their strengths together.’
- ‘Following their prepared statements the moderator initiated a discussion among panelists.’
- ‘And the commission has continued to let the candidates nominate and veto panelists.’
- ‘More than a year later, she was a panelist on a BBC radio program.’
- ‘Three of the four panelists are current or former editorial page editors.’
- ‘The range of phenotypes both among panelists and among members of the audience was huge.’
- ‘Viewers will be invited to enter the discussion with Ray and the panellists through email and text, with a weekly challenge to beat the expert panel's score predictions.’
- ‘The three were panelists during a discussion here on Saturday about the prospects of the upcoming Assembly session.’
- ‘Leveling that kind of criticism gets easier as time goes on, panelists agreed.’
- ‘He came in for tough criticism over his handling of the All-Ireland semi-final from Sunday Game panelists.’
- ‘The panelists were discussing what it takes to be a good anchor in newsrooms today.’
- ‘Harding reappeared as a panellist on the fifth programme, broadcast on 13 August 1951.’
- ‘Not that the webcast was entirely doom and gloom; panelists examined ways to adapt.’
- ‘As some panelists indicated, they begin by asking questions that point to an ethical process.’
- ‘Four panellists take questions from the audience on issues such as the cost of organic food, GM safety, affordability of good quality food, and the viability of buying local produce.’
- ‘This is an instance of an audience member misunderstanding a panelist and being corrected.’
- ‘It is a discussion among the panelists with all of you able to comment online.’
- ‘The format of the event is designed to stimulate debate in a forum discussion, supplemented by a variety of masterclasses run by panellists and key contributors.’
- ‘Johnny will keep his own brand of order over guest panellists drawn from those who write about, broadcast on and participate in sport who will compete for points.’
- ‘Some panelists may double as members of the research committee, on which there will be no government representatives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.