One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small enclosed delivery truck.
- ‘He played trombone, arranged music and drove a panel truck for the band.’
- ‘We watch as he pulls away, overtakes a large panel truck and, visually, becomes part of it.’
- ‘Our cargo hold contains four panel trucks loaded down with books from Book Depot to be delivered to their location in Iverson, Alexandrius.’
- ‘No all-wheel drive, no panel truck, and we're still waiting for the convertible.’
- ‘In the winter we planned to migrate to San Francisco, bringing all our beat furniture and broken belongings with us in a jalopy panel truck.’
- ‘Vehicles covered include passenger cars, pickup and panel trucks, motorcycles, motor homes and mopeds - and leased vehicles, demonstrators and lease-purchase vehicles that are purchased for personal use.’
- ‘It was a panel truck with the call letters across the side.’
- ‘In 1941 Patterson purchased a Dodge panel truck that was used to collect flies throughout the contiguous United States and much of Mexico.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.