Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An investigation of attitude changes using a constant set of people and comparing each individual's opinions at different times.
- ‘Participants were derived from a three-wave panel study, which began in 1982 with a random survey of 5-year-olds in the Ottawa-Carleton region of Ontario, Canada.’
- ‘Moreover, results of a large-scale panel study revealed that coping strategies have stronger impacts in the marital domain as compared with the occupational or household economic realm.’
- ‘Clearly, this identification method is vital for a panel study.’
- ‘The Chairman of the Judiciary Committee of the House of Representatives, James Sensenbrenner, seconded the Chief Justice's move to initiate the Breyer panel study.’
- ‘It is common to distinguish two types of longitudinal design: the panel study and the cohort study.’
- ‘The monomer solution was used in the panel study, although both the monomer and dimer were initially considered.’
- ‘Data were obtained from the second wave of a Dutch nationwide panel study.’
- ‘The gold standard in life-course research is the longitudinal panel study in which a representative group of persons is repeatedly interviewed at regular intervals.’
- ‘Furthermore, environmental exposures do not involve nonphysiologic instillation, which limits the comparison of instillation studies with panel studies.’
- ‘Some measures available in the data set also limited the analyses, a common and perhaps forgivable limitation of longterm national panel studies.’
- ‘Our study also had shortcomings that are shared by most panel studies, such as the possibility of incorrect data recording by study participants.’
- ‘In this paper we present the findings of a longitudinal panel study designed to assess the impact of the hospital amalgamation on health-care workers.’
- ‘The panel study was originally conducted to evaluate Project ALERT, a drug prevention program for middle school children.’
- ‘A group of 59 asthmatic residents, from 46 households in East Moline, Illinois, and nearby communities, were recruited for participation in a panel study conducted from April through October 1994.’
- ‘The panel study design includes a pre- and post-test quasi-experiment and relies on longitudinal data and within-firm variation to assess the effects of process management on innovation.’
- ‘Two panel studies of ethanol production by the US Department of Energy also reported a negative energy return.’
- ‘In several daily, time-series panel studies, researchers have observed that day-to-day changes in particulate air pollution are associated with small changes in measures of lung function.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.