One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bahadur, on the other hand, decorates marriage pandals.’
- ‘Generally, large queues gather outside the pandals, waiting for a glass of cold water drawn out of a mud pot, especially during mid-day.’
- ‘No pandals or temporary structure shall be erected in any street, land or public thoroughfare, without written permission’
- ‘Sound boxes blare devotional numbers, priests chant mantras and, as evening descends, one can find people of all ages flocking the pandals.’
- ‘Cultural performances have added lots of excitement and one can see people of all ages flocking the pandals in the evenings to catch a glimpse of the innovative programmes.’
From Tamil pantal.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.