One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sound boxes blare devotional numbers, priests chant mantras and, as evening descends, one can find people of all ages flocking the pandals.’
- ‘Cultural performances have added lots of excitement and one can see people of all ages flocking the pandals in the evenings to catch a glimpse of the innovative programmes.’
- ‘Generally, large queues gather outside the pandals, waiting for a glass of cold water drawn out of a mud pot, especially during mid-day.’
- ‘Bahadur, on the other hand, decorates marriage pandals.’
- ‘No pandals or temporary structure shall be erected in any street, land or public thoroughfare, without written permission’
From Tamil pantal.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.