Inflammation of the pancreas.
- ‘Nausea and vomiting caused by hypermotility or paralytic ileus secondary to pancreatitis often occurs.’
- ‘It was noted that one patient had osteoporosis and another had pancreatitis.’
- ‘Other effects include cardiomyopathy, peripheral neuropathy and pancreatitis.’
- ‘The pathogenesis of chronic pancreatitis is not yet understood.’
- ‘Interestingly, despite the common aetiology, concomitant cirrhosis and chronic pancreatitis is rare.’
- ‘Heart attacks, stroke, alcoholic hepatitis or pancreatitis can cause fever.’
- ‘The process is self limiting in most cases and pathologically correlates with oedematous interstitial pancreatitis.’
- ‘After admission, 132 patients were assumed to have acute gallstone pancreatitis.’
- ‘The most common causes of pancreatitis are gallstones and alcohol use.’
- ‘Myocarditis, pancreatitis, and hepatitis have also been described occasionally in severe infections.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.