One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The clear alkaline digestive fluid secreted by the pancreas.
- ‘Food cannot be digested properly without pancreatic juice.’
- ‘In the duodenum, alkaline bile and pancreatic juice help neutralize the stomach contents.’
- ‘The presence of lipids in the intestine stimulates the secretion of bile and pancreatic juice.’
- ‘He had no idea of the fluid's function - and we now know that pancreatic juice is unambiguously alkaline, because the cells lining the duct system secrete bicarbonate ions.’
- ‘During the gastric phase of pancreatic juice secretion, gastrin continues to be released in response to stomach distension and the presence of amino acids in the stomach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.