One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the pancreas.‘pancreatic enzymes’‘pancreatic cancer’
- ‘Patients with pancreatic insufficiency have difficulty absorbing calcium and are especially at risk for developing osteoporosis.’
- ‘In recent years, it has become clear that the islets secrete several more hormones, including gastrin and pancreatic polypeptide.’
- ‘A healthy pancreas produces about 1.5 quarts of pancreatic juice a day.’
- ‘One of the objectives was to assess the safety of administering the gene therapy locally to the pancreatic tumour.’
- ‘Carbohydrates are broken down to simple sugars by pancreatic amylase.’
- ‘A higher fiber diet, a complete vegetarian diet, or pancreatic digestive enzyme may be of benefit.’
- ‘The French physiologist Claude Bernard showed in the 1840s that both pancreatic juice and bile (from the liver) were necessary for the absorption of fat.’
- ‘The findings may help in part to explain the failure of previous transplantation trials of pancreatic islets in diabetic patients.’
- ‘Extremely high blood fat levels can cause recurrent abdominal pain due to pancreatic inflammation.’
- ‘The enzymes enter the narrowest ducts of the branching secretory system, and then pass by larger and larger ducts to the single pancreatic duct itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.