Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Surgical removal of the pancreas.
- ‘Gross examination of the distal pancreatectomy surgical specimen received from the second patient revealed alternating firm and edematous areas in the distal 7.3 cm of the pancreas.’
- ‘Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy was performed.’
- ‘At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.’
- ‘An exploratory laparotomy with distal pancreatectomy was subsequently performed.’
- ‘After the distal pancreatectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma, the patient received radiation and radiosensitizing chemotherapy treatments.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.