Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical removal of the pancreas.
- ‘An exploratory laparotomy with distal pancreatectomy was subsequently performed.’
- ‘Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy was performed.’
- ‘After the distal pancreatectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma, the patient received radiation and radiosensitizing chemotherapy treatments.’
- ‘Gross examination of the distal pancreatectomy surgical specimen received from the second patient revealed alternating firm and edematous areas in the distal 7.3 cm of the pancreas.’
- ‘At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.