One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of the pancreas.
- ‘Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy was performed.’
- ‘Gross examination of the distal pancreatectomy surgical specimen received from the second patient revealed alternating firm and edematous areas in the distal 7.3 cm of the pancreas.’
- ‘At our institution, radical proximal gastrectomy, splenectomy, partial pancreatectomy, left adrenalectomy, and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection were performed.’
- ‘After the distal pancreatectomy for pancreatic adenocarcinoma, the patient received radiation and radiosensitizing chemotherapy treatments.’
- ‘An exploratory laparotomy with distal pancreatectomy was subsequently performed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.