Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Ayurvedic medicine) a fivefold detoxification treatment involving massage, herbal therapy, and other procedures.
- ‘In this case, a traditional Ayurvedic detoxification program referred to as Maharishi Rejuvenation Therapy, or panchakarma, may be needed to clear the body's channels and gain relief.’
- ‘The set of procedures that follow the main therapies of panchakarma, called paschatkarma, are aimed at assisting the body in the re-establishment of healthy metabolic system and immunity.’
- ‘In subsequent visits, she began an herbal regimen to control the lupus and, at one point, underwent panchakarma (deep tissue massage and other cleansing techniques).’
- ‘Fasting forms an integral part of the fivefold Ayurvedic massage therapy called panchakarma with a view to cleansing the body before the actual medicated detoxification begins.’
- ‘In this issue of New Life Journal, you'll discover your dosha, deepen your life with Sadhana practice and meditation, give your partner a Thai massage, harmonize your diet, and discover the benefits of panchakarma.’
From Sanskrit panca five + karma action.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.