One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The principle or advocacy of the political union of all the indigenous inhabitants of Africa.
- ‘One also should consider the streetside pan-Africanism of politically charged music, reflecting a widespread sense of a shared destiny, especially among the continent's youth.’
- ‘Consideration of these issues leads you on to the perspective of pan-Africanism.’
- ‘When I was growing up, we had big Utopias: pan-Africanism, African liberation.’
- ‘I like work that deals with pan-Africanism and revolution.’
- ‘The idea of pan-Africanism became the basis for the foundation of the Organization of African Unity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.