One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A state of obscurity.‘defeat would have meant a one-way trip to Palookaville’
- ‘In my North Side neighborhood, people on our block get together and compare some of the crazier tall tales told by junkies looking for their next trip to Palookaville.’
- ‘After its slow beginnings, the looming threat of Palookaville, and then the struggle to avoid mere respectability, the movie stars poll has ended by stepping out into the sunlit uplands alongside the several other polls.’
- ‘Jumping around in the snow like a frivolous retard seems like a good idea, but whenever you combine ice and fun, you end up with a one way ticket to Palookaville.’
- ‘You wouldn't wish upon this poll a one-way ticket to Palookaville.’
- ‘After all, the next stop for most stocks on the $5 bus is Palookaville.’
- ‘Cook's response is the workmanlike Palookaville.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.