One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of palmitic acid.
- ‘Also, make sure that your breakfast cereal has no more than 750 IU of retinol from vitamin A palmitate.’
- ‘The RE values shown in the following figures are defined as the sums of RE peaks 5, 6 and 7, corresponding to retinyl linoleate, retinyl oleate and palmitate and retinyl stearate.’
- ‘Retinyl palmitate requires enzymatic conversion of retinol to retinoic acid, making the availability limited.’
- ‘A common example is beeswax that is composed primarily of myricyl palmitate, formed by the reaction of palmitic acid with an alcohol.’
- ‘The main substrates are myristate and palmitate, which are produced by a fatty acid synthetase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.