One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of palmitic acid.
- ‘Retinyl palmitate requires enzymatic conversion of retinol to retinoic acid, making the availability limited.’
- ‘The RE values shown in the following figures are defined as the sums of RE peaks 5, 6 and 7, corresponding to retinyl linoleate, retinyl oleate and palmitate and retinyl stearate.’
- ‘Also, make sure that your breakfast cereal has no more than 750 IU of retinol from vitamin A palmitate.’
- ‘The main substrates are myristate and palmitate, which are produced by a fatty acid synthetase.’
- ‘A common example is beeswax that is composed primarily of myricyl palmitate, formed by the reaction of palmitic acid with an alcohol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.