Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of palmitic acid.
- ‘Also, make sure that your breakfast cereal has no more than 750 IU of retinol from vitamin A palmitate.’
- ‘Retinyl palmitate requires enzymatic conversion of retinol to retinoic acid, making the availability limited.’
- ‘The main substrates are myristate and palmitate, which are produced by a fatty acid synthetase.’
- ‘The RE values shown in the following figures are defined as the sums of RE peaks 5, 6 and 7, corresponding to retinyl linoleate, retinyl oleate and palmitate and retinyl stearate.’
- ‘A common example is beeswax that is composed primarily of myricyl palmitate, formed by the reaction of palmitic acid with an alcohol.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.