One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who practises palmistry; a palm reader.
fortune teller, palm reader, clairvoyant, chiromancerView synonyms
- ‘Selection bias partly explains why there are so many satisfied customers who go to psychics, tarot card readers, palmists, and faith healers.’
- ‘They are identified by palmists as head lines, heart lines, life lines, and fate or destiny lines, and are alleged to be useful in predicting a person's future.’
- ‘Making ink prints of the hands is one method palmists use to insure all lines can be visualised.’
- ‘There were coffee houses which offered fortune tellers, palmists, physiognomists, job counselors and origami instructors.’
- ‘I am a palmist; I read from the lines in your hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.