One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After taking his bath in the Ganges, a devotee takes a palmful of water and offers it back to the Ganges.’
- ‘I leaned back on my hands while she poured water on my hair, tiny little cupped palmfuls trickling down over my scalp.’
- ‘Add 2 small cans of tomato paste, 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon, and a palmful of brown sugar.’
- ‘She smiled back and waved a hand in gesture: as if she were tipping out a palmful of sand.’
- ‘A bird becomes pale shells and arcs and slivers, a weightless palmful of light, a blown bubble of beaked skull and thin airy curves for constructing chest and back and wings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.