One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I leaned back on my hands while she poured water on my hair, tiny little cupped palmfuls trickling down over my scalp.’
- ‘After taking his bath in the Ganges, a devotee takes a palmful of water and offers it back to the Ganges.’
- ‘A bird becomes pale shells and arcs and slivers, a weightless palmful of light, a blown bubble of beaked skull and thin airy curves for constructing chest and back and wings.’
- ‘Add 2 small cans of tomato paste, 1/2 cup Cabernet Sauvignon, and a palmful of brown sugar.’
- ‘She smiled back and waved a hand in gesture: as if she were tipping out a palmful of sand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.