One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An alcoholic drink made from fermented palm sap.
- ‘Many families will serve one of several local alcoholic beverages such as palm wine, grain alcohol, rum, or beer.’
- ‘They climbed trees to tap palm wine or fermented grain beers from harvest surpluses.’
- ‘Nigerians in the coastal regions drink palm wine and locally brewed beer.’
- ‘Traditionally palm wine was produced in the south, while millet beer was brewed and consumed by the northern peoples.’
- ‘Favorite drinks among the villagers include palm wine and home-brewed beer.’
- ‘When the guests had sat down and been given a drink of palm wine, the ceremony began.’
- ‘As these items are costly, most people can only afford local beverages such as maize beer and palm wine.’
- ‘Beverages include palm wine and alcoholic drinks made from cassava.’
- ‘Traditional beer and palm wine is brewed for these special occasions, which usually involve singing and dancing.’
- ‘They offered him palm wine and he drank too much and fell asleep.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.