One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Care for the terminally ill and their families, especially that provided by an organized health service.
- ‘The management of pain from gastric carcinoma follows established palliative care practice.’
- ‘She willingly lectures at conferences on palliative care, oncology nursing, and pain management.’
- ‘The local standard of care for HIV and AIDS includes only palliative care.’
- ‘It demonstrates that the use of blood transfusion in palliative care requires further discussion.’
- ‘Such prescriptions may affect two thirds of inpatients in specialist palliative care units.’
- ‘Not all hospitals and healthcare facilities offer palliative care services.’
- ‘A form detailing palliative care management should be completed by the patient's general practitioner.’
- ‘In effect he found that feeding via intravenous drip constitutes medical treatment, not palliative care.’
- ‘Such considerations did not seem to apply to events of overt polymedication or of palliative care.’
- ‘Most palliative care units try to involve family members and friends who are important and close to the person dying.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.