One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Care for the terminally ill and their families, especially that provided by an organized health service.
- ‘Such considerations did not seem to apply to events of overt polymedication or of palliative care.’
- ‘A form detailing palliative care management should be completed by the patient's general practitioner.’
- ‘Not all hospitals and healthcare facilities offer palliative care services.’
- ‘It demonstrates that the use of blood transfusion in palliative care requires further discussion.’
- ‘The management of pain from gastric carcinoma follows established palliative care practice.’
- ‘She willingly lectures at conferences on palliative care, oncology nursing, and pain management.’
- ‘Most palliative care units try to involve family members and friends who are important and close to the person dying.’
- ‘The local standard of care for HIV and AIDS includes only palliative care.’
- ‘Such prescriptions may affect two thirds of inpatients in specialist palliative care units.’
- ‘In effect he found that feeding via intravenous drip constitutes medical treatment, not palliative care.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.