One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the neoclassical style of Andrea Palladio, in particular with reference to the phase of English architecture from c.1715, when there was a revival of interest in Palladio and his English follower, Inigo Jones, and a reaction against the baroque.
- ‘At this time, the Palladian style was enjoying something of a revival and Ware extended the suite of rooms with a reverential nod towards the original designer.’
- ‘As patron to numerous architects, he revived the pure Palladian style of Inigo Jones and almost bankrupted himself in the process.’
- ‘By now the taste for Rococo decoration in Britain had been brushed aside in the face of the new-found fashion for Palladian architecture.’
- ‘Even window glazing bars, elements that do so much to give the detailed scale of Palladian and Neo-Classical architecture, were usually omitted from elevation drawings.’
- ‘NEW research has linked work which transformed Lydiard Mansion to Palladian revival architect Roger Morris.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.