One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Well known ones are the masala puri stuffed with potato and spices, palak puri made with spinach, kadak puri made with atta, gram flour and seasonings and the snack, bhel puri.’
- ‘A glass of Indian whisky and a plate of palak paneer - a dish of spinach and cottage cheese - are at his side. We relax under a fine crescent moon.’
- ‘The menu covers a range of tasty dishes including chicken palak palay with fresh spinach leaves.’
- ‘I also had a bit of someone else's palak paneer (Indian cheese with spinach).’
- ‘In India spinach or palak has always been a favourite.’
Hindi pālak from Sanskrit pālakyā ‘green vegetables’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.