One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Samoa) a white or non-Samoan person.as modifier ‘palagi guests’
- ‘Later, other papalagi with less evangelical interests visited Samoa.’
- ‘They just thought it was funny a palagi being with them.’
- ‘These men were all palagi and their signs were in French and English, with the only Samoan writing being insults.’
- ‘He has something of a solitary nature, this palagi power broker.’
- ‘It was at school that his papalagi headmaster recognised the young boy's talents - awarding him a prize for his paintings.’
From Samoan papālagi.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.