One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Samoa) a white or non-Samoan person.as modifier ‘palagi guests’
- ‘He has something of a solitary nature, this palagi power broker.’
- ‘It was at school that his papalagi headmaster recognised the young boy's talents - awarding him a prize for his paintings.’
- ‘They just thought it was funny a palagi being with them.’
- ‘Later, other papalagi with less evangelical interests visited Samoa.’
- ‘These men were all palagi and their signs were in French and English, with the only Samoan writing being insults.’
From Samoan papālagi.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.