One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The temperature or mean temperature of a locality at a time in the geological past.
- ‘In this Port Waikato example, samples successively closer to the modern coastline experienced progressively higher palaeotemperatures in the past.’
- ‘This shows clearly that maximum palaeotemperatures decreased eastward independent of stratigraphic position.’
- ‘He developed a means of inferring marine paleotemperatures over geologic time by measuring the oxygen isotope ratios of carbonates in marine sediments.’
- ‘Palaeothermal data provide no evidence for elevated Palaeogene palaeotemperatures indicative of deeper burial, and thus question the basis of Palaeogene exhumation.’
- ‘Determination of maximum palaeotemperatures over a range of depths allows the palaeogeothermal gradient at the onset of cooling to be determined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.