Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of geographical features at periods in the geological past.
- ‘These are also the areas in which the traditional use of invertebrate macrofossils in biostratigraphy and paleogeography offers the potential for resolving major geological debates.’
- ‘Moreover, the collections have played an integral role in understanding western North American paleogeography, and the past climatic changes that have shaped this region's modern biota.’
- ‘The science of paleogeography has improved immeasurably over the last few decades.’
- ‘The Late Jurassic palaeogeography of the northern Antarctic Peninsula region has been the focus of a series of studies in the last two decades.’
- ‘However, the interrelationship between tectonic activity, global sea level change, and the change of paleogeography played a significant role.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.