One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An environment at a period in the geological past.
- ‘The Sirius Group is a complex sedimentary deposit of different geological age and palaeoenvironments in different parts of Antarctica.’
- ‘By Early Permian time certain lagenides were adapted to cool water paleoenvironments, as evidenced by their occurrences in high paleolalitudes and even in glaciomarine basins.’
- ‘The paleoenvironment under which Burmese amber was produced was perhaps the warmest tropical climate of any Cretaceous amber forest, with a rich biotic diversity.’
- ‘The paleoenvironment probably represents an open marine, shallow shelf habitat.’
- ‘Two researchers studied the stratigraphy and paleoenvironments represented by the Silurian rocks of the Girvan district.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.