One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A climate prevalent at a particular time in the geological past.
- ‘The contradiction between the paleofauna and the uniformitarian paleoclimate is so great that one wonders why scientists do not question the uniformitarian paradigm.’
- ‘The origin of the Brejos has been associated with humid paleoclimates established after the middle Tertiary, especially during interglacial phases of the Pleistocene.’
- ‘The palaeoclimates during coal accumulation must have been very humid and very warm.’
- ‘They not only provide evidence for ancient vegetation and ecosystems, but also contain signals of palaeoclimates that are independent of evidence from other associated sediments and fossils.’
- ‘Through analysis of the paleoclimate record as well as a number of climate model simulations, we also suggest that it is very unlikely that the Atlantic Meridional Overturning will cease to be active in the near future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.