Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of anthropology concerned with fossil hominids.
- ‘The pattern of population size change across the Pleistocene has come to be of critical interest, linking paleodemography with population genetics, paleoecology, and paleoanthropology.’
- ‘Contributors include accomplished specialists in geology, paleontology, and paleoanthropology.’
- ‘By this type of omission, the true nature of the human fossil record continues to be the best-kept secret in modern paleoanthropology.’
- ‘We seem to be witnessing a classic struggle in palaeoanthropology between the molecules and the fossils.’
- ‘The announcement electrified the paleoanthropology community.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.