One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of choreographed figure skating in which a man and a woman compete as a team.‘the lifts in pairs skating are becoming ever more daring’
- ‘Yamaguchi gave up pairs skating to concentrate on singles.’
- ‘In pairs skating, there's no better feeling than to step out on to the ice and know that there is someone next to you that you can trust.’
- ‘Figure skating includes four disciplines - singles men and ladies skating, pairs skating, and ice dancing.’
- ‘She wanted to do pairs because of the rich tradition of pairs skating at the Yubileny Rink in St. Petersburg, but she was too tall.’
- ‘With this performance, the level of pairs skating came back down to earth.’
- ‘Olympic officials took the unprecedented step of awarding a second set of gold medals to the Canadian runners-up in the pairs skating event won by Russia.’
- ‘In pairs skating, Hinnegan and Norris teamed up to skate the foxtrot dance variation.’
- ‘We watched some old pairs skating and went back to some of the basics.’
- ‘Do you feel that there is too much emphasis on side-by-side jumps in pairs skating?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.