One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See pairs skating
- ‘The Chinese pairs skaters are shown here pushing the envelope, adding a fourth revolution to their aerial moves.’
- ‘Singles and pairs skaters train only two - a short program and a long program.’
- ‘Pair skaters have awfully sparse costumes compared to the luxurious gowns of ice dancers.’
- ‘They have already developed a style that shows amazing unison, more like ice dancers than typical pairs skaters.’
- ‘Her triumphs have included guiding Alexei Yagudin, Ilya Kulik, and the pairs skaters Klimova and Pomorenko, and Rodnina and Zaitsev, to Olympic gold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.