One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small container for holding paint.‘his brushes stand in their battered paint pot’
- ‘It's not wise to make sudden dashes across a crowded kitchen full of paint pots and PVA glue bottles.’
- ‘I used it more as an ink well, or a paint pot that I would dip into.’
- ‘They gather for work in a converted garage, with a wildly paved floor and a clutter of paint pots dribbling gaudy colors.’
- ‘The plastic yogurt containers that are not recyclable are reused in my classroom for paint pots.’
- ‘It looks as if someone has taken a paint pot and splashed colours all over the bottom of the sea.’
- ‘Pencils, crayons, and paint pots aren't just for kids.’
- ‘There's no furniture in any of the rooms, but there are paint pots, brushes, and cloths at the bottom of the stairs.’
- ‘Mike, who was a contemporary student, did the painting while I held the paint pot.’
- ‘Her focal points are renderings of paintbrushes and paint pots.’
- ‘The still-life artist took lovely photos of his brushes standing in their battered paint pot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.