One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great care and thoroughness.‘the property has been painstakingly restored by its current owners’
- ‘In the morning, legions of women street-sweepers painstakingly clean every corner of the city.’
- ‘They painstakingly isolated more than 6,000 virgin females from which they collected pheromone chemicals.’
- ‘Only inches high, they are painstakingly crafted out of foreign newspapers available in London.’
- ‘In his hands, pollen—painstakingly, ritualistically gathered bit by bit over months—becomes luminous art.’
- ‘The painstakingly crafted detail has always been the essence of a Grimshaw building.’
- ‘The Chilean artist, who works in Mexico City, offered small framed stitched objects that painstakingly replicate fragments of his own clothing.’
- ‘In the traditional darkroom, a photographer would painstakingly figure out a 'recipe' for making each print.’
- ‘The lawyer provides a painstakingly thorough account of affair.’
- ‘Each unit has little wrinkles at its lip from the paper painstakingly pasted over the cardboard structure.’
- ‘He filled these interiors with diminutive tools of the given trade, all painstakingly crafted by his own hands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.