One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With great care and thoroughness.‘the property has been painstakingly restored by its current owners’
- ‘In the morning, legions of women street-sweepers painstakingly clean every corner of the city.’
- ‘In the traditional darkroom, a photographer would painstakingly figure out a 'recipe' for making each print.’
- ‘Only inches high, they are painstakingly crafted out of foreign newspapers available in London.’
- ‘He filled these interiors with diminutive tools of the given trade, all painstakingly crafted by his own hands.’
- ‘The lawyer provides a painstakingly thorough account of affair.’
- ‘The painstakingly crafted detail has always been the essence of a Grimshaw building.’
- ‘They painstakingly isolated more than 6,000 virgin females from which they collected pheromone chemicals.’
- ‘Each unit has little wrinkles at its lip from the paper painstakingly pasted over the cardboard structure.’
- ‘In his hands, pollen—painstakingly, ritualistically gathered bit by bit over months—becomes luminous art.’
- ‘The Chilean artist, who works in Mexico City, offered small framed stitched objects that painstakingly replicate fragments of his own clothing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.