One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are many other alternative painkilling and anti-inflammatory medicines available.’
- ‘The painkilling mechanism of these drugs is still not fully understood.’
- ‘An infusion of painkilling medicine may be given into a vein (via a ‘drip’).’
- ‘The anaesthetist will also use strong painkilling drugs to control pain during and after surgery.’
- ‘The tube is usually connected to an automatic pump, and the painkilling drug is passed through the tube every hour to keep the lower body numb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.