One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An infusion of painkilling medicine may be given into a vein (via a ‘drip’).’
- ‘The anaesthetist will also use strong painkilling drugs to control pain during and after surgery.’
- ‘There are many other alternative painkilling and anti-inflammatory medicines available.’
- ‘The tube is usually connected to an automatic pump, and the painkilling drug is passed through the tube every hour to keep the lower body numb.’
- ‘The painkilling mechanism of these drugs is still not fully understood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.